Thursday, February 26, 2009

Honey Cashew Green Beans


Wow! These were delicious. I could have eaten them for my main course they were so good. I was tired of serving plain green beans for our vegetable and found this little treasure on All Recipes. You are supposed to use fresh green beans but I just had canned and they still turned out completely awesome!!! I imagine they'd be great with almonds too. So simple, yet so divine!

Honey Cashew Green Beans

1/2 pound fresh green beans, trimmed (you can use canned, too! I used 2 cans)
2 tablespoons coarsely chopped cashews (a little more or less to suit your taste)
4 1/2 teaspoons butter or margarine
1 tablespoon honey
  1. Place beans in a steamer basket. Place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water; bring to a boil. Cover and steam for 8-10 minutes or until crisp tender.
  2. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute cashews in butter for about 2 minutes or until golden brown. Stir in honey; heat through. Transfer beans to a serving bowl; toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Stay tuned for the awesome dinner I served with these babies. One of the best dinners I've made yet!!

2 comments:

MARIE said...

Yum, those look so good.
Can't wait for you to post the awesome dinner recipe.

Stephanie said...

Mmm, honey and cashews are always a good combination.

I've got something for you over at my blog. Come and see. ;-)