Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Classic Tator Tot Casserole


This one has been around for ages. And it's so versatile that almost everyone makes it different to fit their family's needs. This is my go to recipe when I need a quick, easy dinner and I can't think of what to make. My kids love it, my husband loves it, and I love that they all clean their plates. Everyone wins! This is the way that I make it:

Tator Tot Casserole

1 lb. ground beef
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 cup rice, cooked
1 can cream of mushroom soup
3 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
Salt & pepper (to taste)
1 to 2 cups cheddar cheese depending on how cheesy you like it.
1 bag (1 lb) frozen tator tots

Directions
Brown ground beef in frying pan with salt & pepper and onion; drain grease. Add Worcestershire sauce, cooked rice & cream of mushroom soup. Transfer to 2 qt baking dish. Layer cheese on top of beef mixture. (we like lots and lots of cheese) Pour tator tots over top.
Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and tator tots are heated through.
Serve with ketchup and/or Tabasco sauce.

No comments: