This recipe turned out so incredibly delicious. Even my hubby, who doesn't normally like any kind of seafood, raved about it and licked the pan clean. And a big bonus, my kids liked it too... probably because of the cheesy noodles. It was fairly easy and perfect for an easy night at home or to impress guests with.
Sorry about the picture, I had completely forgotten to take a picture and when I remembered it was almost completely gone, so I scraped everyone's leftovers on to one plate and snapped a picture.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 16 oz shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup apple cider
- 1 (8 ounce) package spaghetti
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook spaghetti in a large pot of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain well.
- Over a medium-low heat melt butter in a medium saucepan. Add onion and garlic to melted butter and stir until soft. Add shrimp and mushrooms, cook for 5 minutes stirring often. Remove shrimp mixture from saucepan, place in a medium size bowl and set aside.
- Remove saucepan from heat. Combine flour, mayonnaise, salt, milk, and apple cider in the saucepan. Mix well. Return the saucepan to the heat and cook until sauce thickens.Add the cream cheese and stir until mixed well. Add a couple of shakes of freshly ground black pepper.
- Pour sauce into the bowl containing the shrimp mixture. Add the spaghetti to the bowl and mix well. Add 1/4 cup parmesan cheese.
- Place all ingredients in a 1-1/2 quart casserole dish (baking pan). Sprinkle 1/4 cup parmesan cheese on top of the mixture. Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.