Monday, October 6, 2008

Fun Kid Lunch


I told my kids that for lunch we were having Octopus and seaweed and they looked at me horror struck. When I put their dishes in front of them, their eyes almost popped out of their heads. This isn't the most healthy lunch, but I guarantee it will be slurped down in no time. I fix this lunch on those days when the kids are restless and need a distraction. They think it's the best lunch ever!

Octopus and Seaweed

1 package Ramen Noodles (or any noodles would work)
Hot dogs
Food Coloring
Sprinkles

Bring 4 cups of water to a boil. Add noodles. Cut hot dogs leaving about 2 inches at the top. Turn over and cut lengthwise again. This will leave four "tentacles". Add hot dogs to boiling water. Boil 6 to 7 minutes. Drain water and carefully remove hot dogs. Add food coloring and seasoning to noodles. Put noodles on plates and top with hot dogs. Use sprinkles for eyes and mouth. Watch your kids eyes light up.

No comments: