Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Easy Pasta Casserole


I came up with this when i was in a hurry for dinner one night. It turned out better than I expected, and I will definitely be using this recipe again. My kids thought it was yummy too. The best part is that it is super easy.

16 ounces dry spiral pasta (or other pasta)
1 pound lean ground beef or turkey
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 large onion, chopped
1 can diced tomatoes
1 can tomato sauce
4 ounces pepperoni, sliced
2 cups shredded cheese (I used a mix of mozzerella and cheddar)

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
  2. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente (slightly firm); drain.
  3. In a skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef until no pink shows; drain.
  4. In a 9x13 inch casserole dish combine pasta, ground beef, bell pepper, onion, tomato sauce and pepperoni; blend well. Top with shredded cheese.
  5. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until cheese is melted and casserole is heated through.

If you can believe it, I have more great Halloween recipes, so check back soon! ;)

No comments: