Friday, July 25, 2008

Sweet Sauted Corn


I love finding side dishes to go with dinner. I used to be a one dish sort of gal, but now I love having a main dish, a side dish or two, and dessert. It makes dinner feel so much more homey and old fashioned. Now I just need to work on table display. I feel as if it's kind of haphazardly thrown together... maybe what I need is some nice dishes. hmmmm...
Okay on with this delectable side dish! I found this at Picky Palate and she has a whole dinner that goes with it thats really yummy. Definitely check it out.
It's my new favorite side. I just love the honey in it. Mmmm...

2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 red bell pepper, finely diced (I only had a yellow pepper, thats why everything is so yellow in my picture. A red pepper really brightens this dish up.)
1 green bell pepper, finely diced
½ Cup finely diced white onion
4 ears fresh corn, kernels removed
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
2 Tablespoons butter
3 Tablespoons honey

1. Heat oil into a large skillet over medium heat. Saute red and green bell pepper with the onion for 5 minutes, stirring often. Stir in corn, salt and pepper. Cook for an additional 5 minutes. Stir in the butter and honey until well combined and melted through. Serve warm.

No comments: