Saturday, July 19, 2008

Sweet Potato Fries


Both my hubby and I absolutely LOVE baked sweet potatoes. In fact, our favorite restaurant happens to be The Lonestar Steakhouse just because of their loaded sweet potato. Outrageously and absolutely delicious!
I make baked sweet potatoes at home as a side dish for quite a few of our meals and I decided for a change to make sweet potato fries the other night. And I'm so glad I did!
These were really delicious, healthy, and a nice change from the norm. My kids slicked them up too. It surprises some people that these are sweet fries, but we put cinnamon and sugar on our baked sweet potatoes so it only seemed natural to make the fries this way.

Sweet Potato Fries - Sadie Style

2 Large Sweet Potatoes
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 Tbsp brown sugar
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 cup white sugar
1 tsp ground nutmeg


Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Wash, peel, and cut the sweet potatoes into french fry chunks. Drizzle with olive oil.
Mix sugars, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a sealable plastic bag. Add fries and shake to coat evenly.
Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray and lay out sweet potatos so that they aren't touching. Bake for 30 minutes turning every 10 minutes.
If you have leftover sugar mixture, you can sprinkle on the last 10 minutes of baking.

No comments: