Monday, July 21, 2008

Dorito Salad


I love salads. But I especially love salads in the summer. I got this recipe from my good friend Jen, and modified only a tad. It has a delicious taste and flavor and I love the doritos in it.
I halved the recipe since it was only for my family, but if it would be perfect to take to a potluck using the full recipe.

Two bags of the 'just lettuce' salad mix
4 tomatoes cut up
One bunch green onions, chopped
8oz grated cheddar cheese, chopped
1 can dark red kidney beans(drained and rinsed)
1 large bag Nacho Cheese Doritos crunched up
2 bottles Onion and Chive Salad dressing (I could not find this salad dressing. I could not find a powdered packet. So I used Ken's Steakhouse Sweet Vidalia Onion dressing and chopped up some chives and put them in the bottle and let it sit in the fridge for a day.)

Add everything to LARGE salad bowl except for the Doritos and Salad dressing. Chill it an hour or so, and right before you serve add the crunched up doritos and the dressing. Mix it up and serve.

No comments: