Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Chicken Italiano Skillet


Every so often, I'll get lost in the day and before I know it, dinner is upon me, and I have nothing prepared. It's then that I go to Kraft.com. The recipes there are quick and easy and although I have to admit, I'm not a huge fan of a lot of their recipes, some of them are not too bad. And most importantly, my kids usually eat all of the recipes that I've tried there.
Kraft saved me last week with this quick chicken dish. I had all the ingredients in my pantry and it took me less than 30 minutes to make.

1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 green pepper, chopped
1 small onion, cut into thin wedges
1 can (14-1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes, undrained
1 cup water
1 pkg. (14 oz.) KRAFT Deluxe Macaroni & Cheese Dinner

SPRAY large skillet with cooking spray. Add chicken; cook and stir 5 min. on medium-high heat. Add green pepper and onion; cook 5 min. or until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender.

STIR in tomatoes, water and Macaroni. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover.

SIMMER 10 min. or until macaroni is tender, stirring twice. Stir in Cheese Sauce until blended.

*You could easily substitute frozen vegetables for the pepper and onion.

No comments: