Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Nutella Cupcakes



Who doesn't love Nutella? My obsession started when I was living in France for a semester during college. Every morning I would devour fresh French bread smothered in Nutella... Even now, my mouth is getting all slobbery and oops, some just splashed on the keyboard. That happens a lot when I'm remembering French cuisine.
So I'm not sure where I came across all the different recipes, but I was thinking of a way to incorporate Nutella into a dessert and so I googled, of course. And to my delight I found some delectable and mouth watering recipes to try. I mixed a couple of different cupcake recipes and came up with this one.
I've made these cupcakes 3 times and each time, as I'm stuffing my 8th consecutive cupcake in my mouth, I promise that I'll never make them again... but alas Nutella always wins. Sweet nectar from heaven


Nutella Cupcakes
10 tbsp(140 grams) butter, softened
1 cup white sugar
3 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 3/4 cups (200 grams) sifted All Purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
Nutella, approx. 1/3 cup

Preheat oven to 325F.
Line 12 muffin tins with paper liners.
Cream together butter and sugar until light, 2 minutes.
Add in eggs one at a time, until fully mixed. Don't worry if the batter doesn't look smooth. Add vanilla. Stir in flour, salt and baking powder until batter is uniform and no flour remains.
Using an ice cream scoop, fill each muffin liner with batter.
They should be 3/4 full, if you're not using a scoop.
Top each cake with 1 1/2 tsp Nutella.
Swirl Nutella in with a toothpick, making sure to fold a bit of batter up over the nutella.
Bake for 20 minutes.
Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
Makes 12.
I cooked the second batch I made a little bit longer, and it made the Nutella crunchy... Now you would think, it would detract from the succulent Nutella taste, but crunchy is marvelous too... So cook long or cook short... either way, you are sure to be cursing me after you eat the last cupcake and realize that YOU yourself have eaten all the cupcakes and saved none for your family.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Nutella is one of my all time favorite treats. These cupcakes have got to be delicious! I've got to try these quick!

Picky Palate