Monday, June 30, 2008

Jalepeno Popper Spread



I'm a dip girl. I love a good dip. My friend found this recipe on All Recipes and shared it with me because it was crazy good. And I have to agree. I made this and after Eddie tasted it, he asked me to marry him again. It's that good, folks. You will be getting marriage proposals all over the place if you bring this to a party. I think I should name it The Crazy Good Dip, but that just doesn't flow. Hmmm.... Any suggestions?

  • 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
  • 1 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies, drained
  • 2 ounces canned diced jalapeno peppers, drained
  • 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese

DIRECTIONS

  1. Stir together cream cheese and mayonnaise in a large bowl until smooth. Stir in green chiles and jalapeno peppers. Pour mixture into a microwave safe serving dish, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
  2. Microwave on High until hot, about 3 minutes. An alternate way of heating this dip is putting it in the oven at 375 degrees for 30 minutes. This is my preferred way as the top gets brown and bubbly and looking so delicious.
  3. Serve with Ritz or whatever your favorite cracker may be.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh man this looks and sounds so good. I'll be making this soon for sure! Glad I found your blog. Great looking recipes.

Picky Palate

MARIE said...

awesome tips on the side of your blog, Sadie. And, you friend with Picky Palate now? Look at you!