Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Cheesy Stuffed Baked Ziti

I am a pasta lover. Just say the word pasta and I know I'll love the dish. I found a recipe on Picky Palate called Cheesy Stuffed Baked Ziti that looked delicious. I didn't have ziti noodles or a few other ingredients, but I basically followed her recipe. It turned out delicious and my husband and kids loved it. And bonus, super easy!
1 lb pasta noodles (she used ziti, I used penne)
2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 small bell pepper of choice, finely chopped (I didn't have this so I left it out)
½ medium onion, finely chopped
1 lb ground beef (I used ground turkey. Sausage might be good too)
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
1 26oz jar Classico Pasta Sauce (or homemade tomato sauce)
1 15 oz container Ricotta Cheese
1 Cup shredded mozzarella cheese
½ Cup grated Parmesan cheese
Pinch salt, pepper
2 Cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Cook pasta noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
2. Place olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Saute bell pepper and onion until softened, about 5 minutes. Brown meat. Add pasta sauce, reduce heat to low and stir in noodles.
3. Place ricotta, mozzarella, parmesan, salt and pepper into a large bowl. Stir until well combined.
4. Place ½ pasta into a 9x13 inch baking dish. Spoon ricotta mixture evenly over pasta, covering entire dish. Pour remaining pasta over cheese, then sprinkle with shredded mozzarella.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.

I forgot to take a picture of it after I took it out of the oven so my picture is of leftovers the next day for lunch. ;)

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Glad you enjoyed the stuffed ziti. I make this recipe all the time. It is a family favorite at my house.