Sunday, May 11, 2008

Chicken Tostadas


I love Mexican food. I could eat it every day and never get tired of it. I found this recipe on Feed Your Family and knew that I had to try it.
It's mostly for the chicken and then you can prepare the tostadas however you want.
It's a big recipe so you can freeze half and use it later in enchiladas, burritos, tacos... anything you like.

5 chicken breasts
1 bottle Salsa Verde ( I use Herdez brand)
3 chicken bouillon cubes
Put the chicken breasts, salsa verde, and bouillon cubes in a big pot. Simmer on low for an hour. After one hour, take the chicken and shred with a fork.

Now on to the Tostadas!!
You need corn tortillas for this. No premade shell is going to taste nearly as good as frying up your own tortillas. Fry tortillas in about an inch of hot oil. Fry until the middle is crispy, the tortillas will get bubbly.
Now load up with refried beans, lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream, cheese, olives, and salsa! Delicious!

No comments: